Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Room Upstairs

After spending our day at the office last Saturday, we decided to grab a light dinner at The Room Upstairs. I was so happy my heart was jumping because we'll finally check out the place after seeing it being featured in a certain internet site. I fell in love with the nice furnishings and interiors and the photos made me feel cozy at once. I'm glad my feelings were true to our dining experience there. Woman's instinct, I guess? Hehe.



It was a 10-minute drive from the office and it was a Saturday so traffic was not a problem at all. The building where it is located is occupied with different stores which mostly caters to customers who love discovering nice interiors and unique pieces of furniture. There's also a spa and what looks like a fine dining Italian restaurant which I would also like to try one time (Love, say yes!). We figured it was located on the upper floors of the building and true to its name, it's located at the 2nd floor. It really looks like a normal furniture store from the outside but when I saw two men chatting and eating on nice tables and chairs, I figured we were at the right place. 





We were a bit confused on where to sit because all the chairs and tables were so nice, I felt it had an imaginary thanks for not sitting sign on it. We decided to take a sofa seat with a big table fit for 6 people I guess. I ordered an Herbed Chicken Sandwich (one of their bestsellers accdg. to the one who took our order) and a Strawberry flavored Iced Tea which I think is a bit pricey for its quantity. On the other hand, Jap had a cup of Cafe Americano, a slice of chocolate truffle cake and a chocolate chip cookie with raisins. The sandwich was okay but if you are cutting down on fats, I don't recommend this. It was the first time I ate a sandwich with both mayonnaise and butter on it. But overall, it was good. I like the way it was served on a wooden chopping board- reminded me of Chelsea. Minimalist chic!

Hers 

His

Jap's overall rating is 8 out of 10. Likewise. The food as well as the dining experience was good. I love that there were only a few number of customers. Us and what looks like a family. It's an intimate place. It's a nice place to go to after a long day's work and you need a quiet time for yourself or for artists who just need inspiration for their work.


So where's our next eatscapade, love? :)


The Room Upstairs
2nd Floor LRI Design Plaza
N. Garcia St. 
Makati City

2 comments: