Tuesday, September 11, 2012

2 YEARS

Jap and I were officemates. That's how we met. Two months after graduation, I landed the job I wanted. I felt very blessed and I was determined to work hard and take care of it. Getting in a relationship was far behind my mind when I started working. I actually told myself that I will never enter a relationship anytime soon if ever someone would show intentions. I was scared that things might not work out again and I might end up experiencing the things I experienced before. For the mean time, I didn't want any emotional baggage. I got tired so I thought it would be best to rest my heart for a while. Aside from that, I didn't want any office romance especially because I'm in HR. I thought that was unethical. Funny how things turned out. So much for words because I fell in love with my officemate.

When he started courting me, I learned that he was also undergoing a big career move. I was surprised when he called me after the panel interview he underwent. Seconds after, he called me again and told me that HR called him. He got the job. I was so happy for him. It seems that things are going well for us. I was starting with my job and loving it at the same time and his career was off to a new start. His new job also meant we would not be at the same office again. Jap in Mandaluyong. Bea in Makati. I thought that would work well for us. At least, we would not be together in the same office. More space for our own lives. But more than a year later, we were transferred to the same office where Jap currently works. Funny how things really turn out. 

The first few months of our relationship was a breeze. Like any other couples, we went through the 'courting stage'. We often go out for dates. The usual things dating couples do. You know the giddy kilig feeling every time you reminisce the first time he said I love you. Hee. But when work suddenly became stressful especially for him, arguments suddenly became a staple in our relationship. Jap would always tell me that he hates arguments and as much as possible, we try not to resort to arguing because it worsens the situation. 

Honestly, we never had a major fight. Major in the sense that the things we argue about are petty things (e.g. late sms replies, planned dates not pushing through). Things that can be solved in seconds or things that we really should not be arguing about. One thing I lacked when I entered our relationship was the sense of maturity. I had to learn it.. from Jap himself. He would patiently listen to my rants and read them as well through text. I didn't choose my words.  I was very insensitive. If I didn't get what I want, I would throw a tantrum session. In short, Jap's patience was always tested. I would always tell him that I am very blessed to have him and he's not because I'm always a pain in the neck. Literally. Jap already learned how to deal with my attitude while I try my best to change it. He would call me bratty Bea and we would laugh about it. But of course, I didn't want to forever stay as the bratty girlfriend. I want to be mature. I want our relationship to grow, stay stronger and last forever. I'm just really thankful this guy came into my life. When I get hit by problems, I would just think that I'm still blessed because of Jap. 

Fast track to today, we recently celebrated our 2nd anniversary last September 5. Yay!! Two years have already passed since that giddy kilig scene when he whispered to my ears those three words a girl longs to hear from the guy he sees her future with. Until now, I still get that giddy klig feeling. Hee. We both knew we would make it this far and we won't let any problem (petty/big/small/major/minor) get in the way of our relationship. Bring it on! Haha. Oops, I take that back. I don't want our relationship to be filled with problems of course. But just in case, we know we can handle them. I just know.

Here's to more years of love and new experiences together!!! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment