Wednesday, September 19, 2012

An Excerpt from an Old Facebook Note: Of Pain and Realizations

I am posting this because I would like to be reminded of my realizations from three years ago. Not the pain, only the realizations. There's no reason to remember the pain anyway because I have moved on already and I am very happy now. 

What I learned/realized...

Experiencing pain has a purpose.

"I think besides change, another thing that is inevitable in this world is pain. It comes in different shapes and sizes. It may be abstract or concrete, sometimes in disguise. It has its own levels of importance.. and inconsistencies too. Like an oxymoron. It's like saying pain is sweet.. But only if you see the meaning behind the pain.. the purpose of experiencing it."

Crying has always been my outlet and it's okay to cry.

"Whenever I feel in pain, I cry. And cry. And cry. And cry once more. I take in all the pain, swallow it but instead of vomiting, I cry. It's my outlet. It's my way of coping."

It's okay to share your painful story/ies. 

"I read a quote once, 'shared happiness is double the joy.. shared grief is half the pain'. It really helps especially when you're experiencing the latter. Go to your best of the best of friends or to your family, tell him/her/them everything what you're feeling. He/she/them may not be of help when it comes to advices but in the end, a simple and sincere hug would help ease the pain."

I honestly think that my view on pain before was one sided. I was experienceing a personal hurdle in life. Teenage drama and what have you. Fast forward to today, I think what everyone of us can share from my realizations is that at the end of the day, the world would not stop and adjust for us because of what we're experiencing. Heck, you can cry your heart out and no one will even bother. It's okay to feel sad when you're really sad. We should in fact, acknowledge our feelings. If we're sad, say or show it. Likewise if we are happy. 

I am guilty of being fixated to a certain situation  that I tend to forget that I still have a life to live out of the box I created. Maybe one reason why we are  put in a painful situation is to realize one thing. That there's a bigger world out there that we need to appreciate. <3







No comments:

Post a Comment